This frosting came to be when I wanted to amp up my regular cream cheese frosting to go with my Soft Pumpkin Cookies. This creation exceeded all my expectations. Not only did it work on the first try, but it tasted absolutely amazing! The balance of flavors if perfect, blending the sweetness of the caramel with the tang of the cream cheese.
This frosting pairs beautifully with the pumpkin cookies but would go well on just about anything where you’d use cream cheese frosting but want a bit of caramel flair. Let me know what amazing creations you come up with!
Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 (8oz each) bricks plain cream cheese (cold - do NOT soften)
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter (softened to room temp)
- 1 cup caramel sauce (see recipe for mine here OR you can use store bought if you prefer)
- 2 cups powdered/confectioners sugar
- Beat the cream cheese using an electric mixer until completely smooth. Then, beat in the butter followed by the caramel sauce, beating only until just combined.
- Add in the powdered sugar and mix on the lowest speed possible, mixing just until everything is thoroughly combined. You don't want to over-mix, otherwise the frosting will end up runny.
- This frosting is thick enough that you can pipe it or spread it. This is bound to become your new favorite frosting!