Start your day off right or get some pre-workout/post-workout fuel with this quick and easy, super-delicious protein shake. It makes a great breakfast when mixing almond milk and coffee for the base and adding some fiber powder!
I was always someone who said that there would never be a day I’d “drink” any of my meals, and the idea of using any packaged powder mix would still weird me out, but being able to customize and built/create different blends of flavors and nutrients has definitely brought me around to protein shakes!
This one has been breakfast for Ilya and me for the past few days, and it’s so good we’ll probably keep going with this one for a few more days. If using the sugar-free maple syrup, you’d swear you’re drinking a piece of carrot cake.
There are several optional ingredients you can add/leave out depending on how your day looks with the other foods you’re eating, but no matter how you do it, this one is definitely a winner!
Carrot Cake Protein Shake
- High-quality blender such as Ninja brand
- Food Scale recommended for exact measurements (this is mine, I've had it for over 10 years: https://www.amazon.com/OXO-Stainless-Pull-Out-Display-11-Pound/dp/B000WJMTNA/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=oxo%20food%20scale&qid=1563749617&s=gateway&sr=8-3&fbclid=IwAR126VXNFkzJXo_bzvqfRkzq–PK97O9dMvUr5Csm1gojBrwHCuGMAXa1pk)
- 12 oz almond milk, unsweetened vanilla (I use Silk brand)
- 1 scoop (30g) vanilla bean whey protein powder (I use Levels 100% Grass-Fed Whey Brand)
- 3/4 cup (6oz) frozen carrots
- 2 whole pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp sugar-free maple syrup (I use Lakanto brand, sweetened with monkfruit. When using this, though, I use 1 date instead of 2)
- cold brewed coffee If you want a little extra energy, split up the 12oz of almond milk to be 6oz almond milk, 6 ounces of cold coffee)
- 1 scoop natural fiber powder (I use Healthy Origins brand and buy on Amazon)
- 1 Tbsp chopped walnuts (personally, I don't think it needs them, but if you're looking for some extra "good" fat, go for it!)
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Blend on high for ~1 minute or until everything is thoroughly blended and smooth.
**Nutritional Information is calculated based on the specific brands I used and do not include the optional ingredients. The protein powder I use does not contain sucralose. If the powder you use does, you will not want to add as many other sweet items to avoid it being overly-sweet.**