This trail mix has saved me from hunger and making poor choices on more occasions than I can count. It really only takes about 2 minutes to throw together and takes up such a small amount of space, it’s easy to carry a bag of it in your purse, backpack, etc.
This past weekend alone this mix saved me twice (see the blog’s Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/healthyby40blog and/or Instagram page http://www.instagram.com/healthyby40blog for hilarious details/info on that!) and I’m sure it will again. It gives you enough energy and fuel to hold you over without being too high in fat or too filling.
Take a bag with you on your next hike and see for yourself!
“Hit the Trail” Mix
- 2+1/2 Tbsp (20g) almonds, whole, roasted and salted (I don't roast and salt myself but buy the kind already like that)
- 1 Tbsp (10g) dried cranberries (I try to use find ones without added sugar)
- 1 Tbsp (10g) dried dates, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp (13.5g) pumpkin seeds (you can toast them if you'd like, or buy pre-toasted)
- Throw everything in a small container, mix and you're good to snack!