This trail mix has saved me from hunger and making poor choices on more occasions than I can count. It really only takes about 2 minutes to throw together and takes up such a small amount of space, it’s easy to carry a bag of it in your purse, backpack, etc.
This past weekend alone this mix saved me twice when out and about hiking trails that turned out to be longer than expected, and I’m sure it will again. It gives you enough energy and fuel to hold you over without being too high in fat or too filling.
Take a bag with you on your next hike and see for yourself!
“Hit the Trail” Mix
- 2+1/2 Tbsp (20g) almonds, whole, roasted and salted (I don't roast and salt myself but buy the kind already like that)
- 1 Tbsp (10g) dried cranberries (I try to use find ones without added sugar)
- 1 Tbsp (10g) dried dates, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp (13.5g) pumpkin seeds (you can toast them if you'd like, or buy pre-toasted)
- Throw everything in a small container, mix and you're good to snack!