Coconut Date Almond Bites
These Coconut Date Almond Bites are quick & easy to make and are so sweet and tasty your tastebuds won't believe they're a healthy snack!
Prep Time5 mins
Active Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 24 pieces
For Energy Bite Dough:
- 1 cup whole, pitted medjool dates (approximately 7-8 dates) *See Recipe Notes below*
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp oats, uncooked *See Recipe Notes Below*
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp Super-Fine Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup almond butter, creamy (I like to use one that is "toasted" almonds)
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp shredded coconut, unsweetened (I use Let's Do Organic brand)
- 1+1/2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1+1/4 Tbsp Blue Agave Syrup
- 1+1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
For Energy Bite Coating:
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened (I use Let's Do Organic Brand)
Place the pitted dates in a small-medium sized mixing bowl. Using a fork, shred/puree the dates as much as possible. **See Recipe Notes Below**
Add all remaining energy bite dough ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir/mix until completely and thoroughly combined. Set aside.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Scoop by ~1 Tbsp scoops (see "Recipe Notes" below for a link to the
cookie dough scoop I use for this), roll and press in your hands to form balls,
then place on the parchment-lined baking sheets.
Once all energy bites have been formed, place the 1/4 cup shredded coconut for coating into a shallow dish/ bowl. Roll each of the energy bites in the shredded coconut until they are coated with it, then place back on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
Store the energy bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator and take out just prior to eating.
- If you want softer oats in the end (so it doesn’t taste so much like you’re chewing on raw oats), use quick-cooking oats. If you prefer a chewier texture and like the texture of raw oats, then use regular oats.
- The scoop I have and use for these (slightly overflowing) is the “small” of the following link (the 2 tsp. one): https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/oxo-good-grips-reg-cookie-scoop/102818?keyword=oxo-cookie
- Taste-test the dough and, if there isn't enough date flavor coming through, add in 1-2 more. Please note however, that the nutritional information below is caculated based on a total of 7 dates being used.
Serving: 2pieces | Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 19.3g | Protein: 5.4g | Fat: 12.7g | Saturated Fat: 3.1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0.5mg | Fiber: 4.2g | Sugar: 11.5g